- 3 cups lightly-packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt*
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Pasta of choice
- In a food processor or blender, pulse the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, garlic, salt and pepper together until finely-chopped.
- With the food processor or blender still running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until it is completely combined. Pause the food processor or blender and scrape down the sides, then pulse again until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix with cooked pasta and serve immediately. Or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe credit: gimmesomeoven.com